I ALMOST ALWAYS PRACTICE CATCH & RELEASE. IF I KILL IT, I EAT IT.

I ALMOST ALWAYS PRACTICE CATCH & RELEASE.  IF I KILL IT, I EAT IT.

There's One

"Most of the world is covered by water. A fishermans's job is simple: Pick out the best parts." Charles Waterman

"One thing becomes clearer as one gets older and one's fishing experience increases, and that is the paramount importance of one's fishing companions." John Ashley-Cooper

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown


Friday, June 10, 2011

Scouting for LCI

My Brother came down for a scouting trip of a few spots before we fish the LCI Father's Day Derby next weekend.  Glad we did because the fish were few and far between.  But, that's why we scout an area.  Anyways, water is still high, debris is everywhere, and water is cold. 
Devin with an odd colored smallie
I fear for many boaters who are going to partake in the LCI who are not familier with Lake Champlain.  The lake is dangerous right now with breakwaters underwater and logs adrift everywhere.  I'll be fishing the tournament, but I'll be especially cautious this year.  Good luck to everyone that's fishing it.  Let's hope for good weather.

Smallies love crawfish!

 Tight lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lake Willoughby, Westmore,VT

Lake Willoughby, Westmore,VT
Huge Lake Trout Here

Lake Seymour, Morgan,VT

Lake Seymour, Morgan,VT
Unbelievable Fishery