I ALMOST ALWAYS PRACTICE CATCH & RELEASE. IF I KILL IT, I EAT IT.

I ALMOST ALWAYS PRACTICE CATCH & RELEASE.  IF I KILL IT, I EAT IT.

There's One

"Most of the world is covered by water. A fishermans's job is simple: Pick out the best parts." Charles Waterman

"One thing becomes clearer as one gets older and one's fishing experience increases, and that is the paramount importance of one's fishing companions." John Ashley-Cooper

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown


Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lake Champlain, Dillenbeck Bay



Went out to Dillenbeck Bay on Thursday and the weather was fantastic.  Too bad I can't say the same about the fishing.  I went with my brother and we were targeting pike in about 6-7 feet of water.  The story of the day was two pike around 5lbs.,  two largemouth bass around 2lbs, and quite a few "false" flags.  I believe that perch were hitting our shiners just enough to release the flag.  There were numerous flags with nothing at all which made for a frustrating day.  However, the weather was great and I had a great time fishing with my brother as always.  Oh, and plenty of ice, well over a foot.

1 comment:

  1. False flags and dink perch aside, the pics tell the story of a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Lake Willoughby, Westmore,VT

Lake Willoughby, Westmore,VT
Huge Lake Trout Here

Lake Seymour, Morgan,VT

Lake Seymour, Morgan,VT
Unbelievable Fishery