I ALMOST ALWAYS PRACTICE CATCH & RELEASE. IF I KILL IT, I EAT IT.

I ALMOST ALWAYS PRACTICE CATCH & RELEASE.  IF I KILL IT, I EAT IT.

There's One

"Most of the world is covered by water. A fishermans's job is simple: Pick out the best parts." Charles Waterman

"One thing becomes clearer as one gets older and one's fishing experience increases, and that is the paramount importance of one's fishing companions." John Ashley-Cooper

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown


Sunday, March 6, 2011

MEMPHREMAGOG PIKE BITE IS ON


I got a fishing report from my brother today on Lake Memphremagog Pike Fishing.  On friday he caught a 10lb. Northern, his friend caught a 13lb. Northern, and the guy fishing right next to them caught a 16lb. Northern.  I knew there were Pike in that lake, but not so many of that size.  They were introduced into that lake some time back, and obviously they have become a dominant predator, especially in south bay.  Nice fish bro.  Where were the Northerns last weekend?  That's why its called "fishing" and not "catching."  The fish was released to be caught another day.

2 comments:

  1. Derek... I believe those are illegal alien Canadian pike...EH. Nice pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No the only pike in magog are on the us side which is called the south bay of magog.

    ReplyDelete

Lake Willoughby, Westmore,VT

Lake Willoughby, Westmore,VT
Huge Lake Trout Here

Lake Seymour, Morgan,VT

Lake Seymour, Morgan,VT
Unbelievable Fishery